Designing with Sensory Needs in Mind
Wednesday, August 9
- 10:00 am MST, 11:00 am CST
- Instructor: Ingrid Kanics
Sensory-related disabilities are the fastest growing disability category among children today.
In this presentation, we define this spectrum of childhood disabilities that is much broader than autism. Design strategies will be presented on how to create play spaces so that these children and their families can successfully GET there, PLAY there and STAY there, while having tons of fun.
We are authorized to provide .1 CEUs, 1 LUs and 1 PDHs, which meet Health, Safety and Welfare credits. We also offer AIA credit including nano units.
After this 60-minute Learning Academy session, you’ll have an understanding of the following learning objectives:
- The concept of a multi-dimensional spectrum for typical children and those with a variety of childhood medical conditions that impact learning
- How to incorporate design strategies that help these visitors be able to GET to the play space
- How to incorporate design strategies that help these visitors be able to PLAY at the play space
- How to incorporate design strategies that help these visitors be able to STAY at the play space
Fill out the form below to register for the Virtual Learning Course.
Please Note: The Zoom Meeting Invitation will arrive 1-2 weeks before the event. Thank you!