Trends in Play Space Design
Wednesday, November 8
- 10:00 am MST, 11:00 am CST
- Instructor: Trevor Howard
Activity, engagement and involvement
Parks today face the challenge of providing environments that will attract children and families to engage, play and stay. To compete with indoor, more sedentary activities. In this session, we will examine playground trends that create kid magnets, facilitate multi-generational interaction and signature playgrounds that tell a community story. Discussions will also focus on the opportunities for stronger collaboration between playground designers and park planners.
We are authorized to provide .1 CEUs, 1 LUs and 1 PDHs, which meet Health, Safety and Welfare credits. We also offer AIA credit including nano units.
After this 60-minute Learning Academy session, you’ll have an understanding of the following learning objectives:
- Leading trends in play space design and the external influences driving these trends.
- Innovative concepts that can be applied to play space design.
- How to specify new concepts and material choices.
Fill out the form below to register for the Virtual Learning Course.
Please Note: The Zoom Meeting Invitation will arrive 1-2 weeks before the event. Thank you!