Designing Fitness Focused Playgrounds
Wednesday, April 12
- 10:00 am MST, 11:00 am CST
- Instructor: Trevor Howard
A stealth-health community wellness solution.
Statistics on obesity rates and sedentary lifestyle changes over generations illustrate the need for community changes and the importance of motivating kids to be active. This continuing education session will provide tips for creating playground designs to get and keep kids active, and help you make a positive and healthy impact on your community.
We are authorized to provide .1 CEUs, 1 LUs and 1 PDHs, which meet Health, Safety and Welfare credits. We also offer AIA credit including nano units.
After this 60-minute Learning Academy session, you’ll have an understanding of the following learning objectives:
- Several fitness benefits can be gained on the playground.
- Each fitness benefit is crucial to healthy child development.
- Various playground components provide specific fitness benefits.
- Playgrounds can be designed for maximum physical fitness benefits.
Fill out the form below to register for the Virtual Learning Course.
Please Note: The Zoom Meeting Invitation will arrive 1-2 weeks before the event. Thank you!